heeeey! my first step into civilization. starting with this blog..
finally out of army soon.. clearing leave.. seems my "pink freedom" (as according to ryan) isnt far off.. God gimme str pls..
yesterday's been good.. well, i'd openly say i've broken up with my queen, but i thank her for that(im not being sarcastic) cos the break kinda showed me how much i missed and love her, and even more, i realised i left God pretty far off...
sorry papa God..
oh a lil something happened ytd.. thank God for the lesson..
i was the duty officer that day so...
background:
It was during the night when I came to the ground floor to get some guys to fill in their particulars cos they wanted to play sports. The particulars were to ensure there was a contact person in case someone was injured. Contact person was me.
situation:
2 guys involved. A fat guy I’ll call fred. Tom for the thin lean guy.
Tom was helping fred with pushups. Fred was quite fat last time, but due to ns, he slimmed down a lot. But fred was having trouble with push ups cos he said his arms were not able to support his weight. I was touched at that scene, but sad at seeing the two struggle.
Tom was struggling with motivating fred, fred was struggling to overcome his weight.
God pushed me forward to help these 2..
I told fred to break down the push ups into easy goals. (basically I asked him to do the girls style without letting him know la) then I told him to do 2. he succeeded 2. then I made it harder by getting him to push his ands further out. The managed my goal of 2 and then I told him to stretch further. Tho it was harder and harder. He managed the goals I set. Then I told him to recount how many he had done in total. 6. he couldn’t even do 1 in the beginning. And now he did a modified version of 6. I proved to him his arms could support him it was just his… (I made him say out loud) …“mind”. over the next few mins, I made his push up harder gradually getting him to do a proper pushup. Thru encouragement, he saw thru his own deception, and began to beam inside. He dint smile(cos he was pooped out tired), but his eyes were beaming.
He achieved 15 modified pushups and he promised to work on it. I told him that if he were to work on it, he would have to work on his mindset not his arm muscle. And the fitness would come as a bonus.
Tho its a simple thing as pushups, thru teaching him, I learnt something too..
lessons:
God was bringing a part of the old me back. the motivating sam from a long time ago..(i seemed to have lost that over time..)
and,
I need to set goals. Small ones that lead to big ones.First step was letting her go. Next is to serve, and gradually find God in all that.
thanks pastor ben,rena, pastor stephen, justin, liwei, dom, cindy, for hearing me out. kudos to you. many thanks. papa God especially you too, love ya.